Our One-to-One Tutoring Program is the main activity of Trent Valley Literacy Association. Here are a few points about what is involved in the One-to-One Tutoring Program:
The first step involves a client contacting TVLA to setup an intake appointment. The client may do this in person at 825 Chemong Road, or on the phone at 705-749-0777 to set up their first appointment
A learning plan is prepared, with a student centered focus about what the long term goals are and how they will be achieved; the learners have the final word on what they want to do and how.
- Program staff will match and support students with tutors.
- Literacy One-to-One Tutoring is available for adults 19 years of age or older.
- Trained, volunteer tutors will help the learners with basic reading, writing, and math.
- Instruction is confidential with one-to-one tutoring.
- Lessons occur once or twice (or possibly even more) a week at the convenience of the tutor and learner.
- A computer lab is available for tutors and learners to use for working on their assignments.
If you are interested in participating in any of these programs please contact us.